- About Us
- Our Services
- Travel Teams
- SSA Training
- 3v3 Cup
- A 20×20 yard area. All players in the area with a ball each.
- To introduce players to aerial control and using different surfaces of the body to control the soccer ball.
- Every player is dribbling around the area on the coach’s command of “hoist the sail” the players bounce their ball as hard as they can and then they have to use their foot to control the ball before it bounces again. The coach then adds in more commands so players use different parts of the body:
- “Crows nest” –> throw the ball up and use your head to control the soccer ball.
- “Sail the boat” –> throw the ball up in the air and use your thigh to control the soccer ball.
- “Abandon ship” –> throw your ball in the air then find another soccer ball, try to control before it bounces 2 times.
- Get body behind the ball so you are not stretching for the ball.
- Use the correct surface to control the soccer ball.
- Cushion the ball using a soft touch to take pace of the ball.